About The Chicago Integrative Eczema Center
The Chicago Integrative Eczema Center is a resource for patients and families with atopic dermatitis (eczema) seeking a more holistic approach to care. We emphasize natural therapies, Traditional Chinese Medicine, and Acupuncture/Acupressure in addition to trusted Western medical treatments, bringing the best of many worlds together for optimal care.
The Center provides:
- Patient care
- A patient and family support group
- Opportunities to participate in cutting-edge research related to understanding the causes and treatment of eczema
- Hands-on teaching sessions on skin care techniques and learning stations with information and handouts
- Lectures about the causes and treatment of eczema from practitioners of standard medical and alternative therapies
- Review of new research findings
- Question and answer sessions
Appointments with Peter Lio, MD and Olivia Hsu Friedman, DACM, L.Ac., who work closely with allergists, dietitians, hypnotherapists and psychologists
Patient and Family Support Group:
Working with the NEA-sponsored Chicago Eczema Support group, there is an opportunity to meet with other patients and families with eczema on a monthly basis
Participants may have the opportunity to try new therapies through clinical research
*Click here for a more detailed interview about the Chicago Integrative Eczema Center.*
The educational sessions and support group meetings are open to the public at no cost, but require pre-registration. Clinical appointments must be made in advance.
Working together to bring the best from many worlds.
-Chicago Integrative Eczema Center